Almond Cinnamon Pancakes with Glow Yoghurt Berry Compote
Give your belly a little extra TLC with these nourishing gluten-free pancakes. Containing GLOW Inner Beauty Essential™ or Glow AGELESS Inner Beauty Essential– our comprehensive inner beauty blend with over 20 bio-fermented wholefoods – this delicious recipe will boost your beauty, nourish your gut and enhance skin radiance. Plus, it’s delish!
- 3/ 4 cup (75g – 2 ¾ oz) almond meal
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/ 4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large organic eggs, separated
- 1/ 4 cup (60ml – 2 fl oz) drinking coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted & cool, plus extra for cooking
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (unpasteurised)
- 1 ½ cups (180g – 6 ½ oz) frozen mixed berries
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180ml – 6 fl oz) coconut yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons GLOW Inner Beauty Essential or GLOW AGELESS Inner Beauty Essential
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- To prepare the berry compote, place the berries, water, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until berries soften and the released juice begins to reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- To prepare the GLOW yoghurt, mix the yoghurt and GLOW together in a small bowl, to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare the pancakes, place the almond meal, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a blender and pulse to combine. Add the egg yolks, coconut milk, maple syrup, ghee and vinegar and blend to make a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk the whites, until soft peaks form.
- Gradually pour the batter into the whites, folding to combine.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a large non-stick or cast-iron frying pan over low-medium heat. Dip some kitchen paper into ghee and rub over the hot pan to lightly grease.
- Cook the pancakes three at a time, spooning ¼ cup (60ml – 2 fl oz) of the batter for each one around the pan, allowing a little room between each. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the base is golden brown. Using a metal spatula run around underneath the edge of the pancakes to ensure they aren’t stuck. The pancakes are very light and soft. Carefully flip in one motion. Cook for 1 minute, or until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To serve, stack the pancakes, top with glow yoghurt and berry compote. Scatter with cacao nibs.