- 1/ 3 cup (50 g) hazelnuts
- 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 ml full fat coconut cream
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 scoops Chocolate BODY Inner Beauty Powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Pinch Himalayan salt
Raw chocolate coating
- 3/ 4 cup (75 g) cacao powder
- 75 g cacao butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a medium tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Spread the hazelnuts onto a small baking tray. Roast for 5–10 minutes, until the skins begin to come away and the nut is golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl. Using spoons, shape into fifteen equal portions and arrange on the prepared tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firmed up slightly.
- Rub the roasted hazelnuts in a clean tea towel or paper towel, to remove the skins. Set fifteen nuts aside. Finely chop the remaining nuts.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Roll into balls. Press a roasted hazelnut into the centre of each ball. Re-roll to enclose. Return to the refrigerator while you prepare the coating.
- To make the chocolate coating, half fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the simmer. Place all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Take the pan off the heat and set the bowl over the top. Ensure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave for 5 minutes, or until the cacao butter and coconut oil melts. Stir to combine.
- Resting the balls on a fork or using toothpicks, dip and roll the balls one at a time, to coat evenly. Arrange back on the lined tray. Sprinkle the tops of the balls with chopped hazelnuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until set.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.