CLARIFY Sour Apple Gummies
With nutrients to support a clearer, healthier complexion coupled with the benefits from our CLARIFY™ Inner Beauty Support —these chewy apple-flavoured gummies make for delicious snacks. Enjoy with a cup of herbal tea in the afternoon, or simply grab one when you need a bit of a pick-me-up.
- 1½ cups (375ml) filtered water
- 2 tablespoons powdered grass-fed gelatin
- 1½ cups (375ml) pure apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons manuka honey, or 2 teaspoons xylitol, or sweeten with stevia to taste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons CLARIFY Inner Beauty Support
- For this recipe, you will need a silicone mould with 20 small (20-30ml) holes, for setting the gummies in. Alternatively, you can use or silicon ice cubes trays, (although these can be trickier to unmould) or set the liquid in a silicon lined loaf tin and once set, turn out and cut into squares.
- Pour ½ cup (125 ml) of the water into a small wide bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Set aside for five minutes to bloom, or until softened.
- Place the remaining water, apple juice and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Set over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, until reduced by half, approximately 300ml. Remove from the heat.
- Add the softened gelatin and honey (or sweetener of your choice) to the hot liquid and stir until melted.
- Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a jug, you should have approximately 400-450ml of liquid. If you have less, top up with a little water. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the CLARIFY powder and stir, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Place your moulds on a baking tray or have your lined tin ready. Fill with sour apple liquid. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or up to overnight, until set.
- To unmould, briefly dip the base of the moulds into boiling water to loosen the gummies. Using your fingertips, gently pull the gummies away from the edge of the moulds to release the seal, then push them out onto a plate. If set in a tin, using the plastic or silicon lining as handles, lift the set mixture out onto a chopping board. Trim the edges and cut them into squares.
- Store gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.