Millet & Spinach Wraps
Soft and pliable, these gluten-free wraps from The Beauty Chef Cookbook are a saviour when it comes to portable lunches. They can be made in advance, and keep well in the fridge for up to a week, or the freezer for longer periods.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) millet flour
- 1⁄3 cup (40g) arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (unpasteurised)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 60g (approx. 2 large handfuls) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- Place the base ingredients, the spinach and extra arrowroot in a high-speed blender. Blend to make a smooth batter. Transfer into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup (60ml) of the batter into the centre of the pan. Quickly tilt and rotate the pan to swirl the batter over the base in a thin, even layer.
- Cook for 30 seconds, or until the surface is dry and the base lightly coloured. Turn and cook for a further 30 seconds or until lightly coloured in patches. Stack the wraps onto a plate, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to cool.