Raw Double Choc, Macadamia and Fig Biscuits
These deliciously decadent Raw Double Choc, Macadamia and Fig Biscuits are the perfect accompaniment to a nourishing cup of herbal tea. Containing rich cacao and buttery macadamias, just try to stop at one...
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 scoops The Beauty Chef chocolate BODY Inner Beauty Support
- 1/2 cup (125mL) canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60mL) coconut butter, warmed to melt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (50g) macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 3 (approx. 75g) dried figs, sliced
Raw chocolate topping:
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 20g cacao butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Line a medium-sized baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the almond meal, cacao powder and BODY powder in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut butter and vanilla extract and stir until mixture begins to bind together. Add the macadamias and figs and stir through to distribute evenly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roughly shape into round lumpy biscuits. Arrange on the prepared tray. Refrigerate.
- To prepare the raw chocolate topping, half-fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the simmer. Place all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Take the pan off the heat and set the bowl over the top. Ensure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave for 5 minutes, or until the cacao butter and coconut oil melt. Stir to combine.
- Top each biscuit with approximately 1 teaspoon of raw chocolate. Return to the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.