Hands up if, like us, lunch is the meal you give the least amount of thought to each day…
Well, despite being guilty of grabbing lunch on the go, wolfing down a simple sandwich or skipping it entirely from time to time—we’re here to help you reignite your love for lunch with a nourishing recipe that’s sure to boost your belly.
Boasting an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids, this salmon lunch bowl is the perfect dish to add to your repertoire—especially if tuna and rice has become a weekday staple. Paired with sauerkraut and avocado for a serving of fermented goodness and fatty acids, this tasty combo will leave you feeling satiated all afternoon.
- 2 tablespoons dried instant wakame flakes
- 400 g (9 oz/3 cups) of cauliflower rice
- 1 handful mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful dill, coarsely chopped
- 80 g (2.75 oz/1 cup) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 handful mung bean sprouts
- 2 x 210 g (7.5 oz) tins salmon or sardines
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved & flesh scooped out
- 100 g (3.5 oz/ 1/2 cup) of sauerkraut
- 80 ml (2.5 fl oz/ 1/3 cup) dressing (We love the Miso, Tahini & Umeboshi Dressing on page 245 of The Beauty Chef Gut Guide)
- Soak the wakame in cold water for 10 minutes, or until dehydrated. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, mint and dill.
- Divide the cauliflower rice, cabbage and mung bean sprouts between two serving bowls.
- Top with salmon, soft-boiled eggs, avocado, wakame and sauerkraut.
- Drizzle with dressing to serve.